Alejandra Woodrum, Network Operations Manager
David Davis, Network Administrator
<-> Submit a technology request
Casey County School District abides by Kentucky Technology System (KETS) standards set forth in the KETS Master Plan. [KETS standards] (KRS 156.160) stipulates that the Kentucky Board of Education has a statutory mandate to prescribe standards, which school districts shall meet. Those standards call for specifications in equipment, software and services that work together thus contributing to a stable environment and providing a framework for vendor contracts known as KETS contracts. Districts are required by 701 KAR 5:110 to procure only those technologies that meet KETS standards, if a standard for that category has been established, regardless of source of funds. The technology department supports standardized equipment from the KETS contract, is required to assign commodity codes on purchase orders and completes purchases online. [KETS Product and Technical Standards] Please contact us before purchasing.
Inkjet printers are no longer on KETS. They are not supported by IT; therefore, IT will not install or repair inkjet printers.
If you choose to purchase an inkjet printer, you must also purchase a three-year warranty for each printer. District small purchase procedures with price quotes will also be required.
IT recommends the use of manufacturer replacement cartridges due to possible warranty issues caused by non-OEM replacements.
If a generic refill cartridge causes a printer failure and the manufacturer refuses to honor the warranty due to the generic cartridge use, the repair or replacement cost of the printer would fall to the location.
Casey County Board of Education Annex building Training Room reservation instructions:
1. User checks district web site calendar available date/time they wish to reserve the Annex Training Room (calendar tab at the top of the website)
2. User submits Help Desk ticket with name of event, date(s) and time(s). [click here]
3. Tech Department will post the event information to the web calendar on the district webpage and complete the ticket which notifies the user of a completed request.
NOTE: The user will have the Annex in reserve, but will still need to invite their attendees.
Contact Tech Department with any issues.
Infinite Campus NEWS! If you have created links/shortcuts to Infinite Campus prior to December 23, 2016 those links/shortcuts should be replaced with the ones listed here:
https://kyede3.infinitecampus.org/campus/casey.jsp - PRODUCTION APPLICATION URL
https://kyede3.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/casey.jsp - PORTAL APPLICATION URL
https://kyede3.infinitecampus.org/sandbox/casey_sandbox.jsp - SANDBOX
During the 90-day period beginning December 23, 2016 there is a 'redirect' in place that will allow old links/shortcuts to be redirected to the correct address listed above. After the 90-day period, about March 23, 2017, the 'redirect' will be removed and any other address will fail.
Our IT/IS department leads Casey County Schools to better use of technology in the classroom and administrative offices. We believe that technology is a tool and means to more effective teaching and learning.
- The Casey County School District has a reliable high-speed connection to the Internet.
- All Casey County schools are interconnected via GB fiber optics.
- All computers in classrooms, libraries and labs have high-speed Internet connections.
- All schools and classrooms are serviced by KETS standard managed wireless networks.
- All classrooms have access to "smart-classroom" technology tools such as LCD projectors, speaker systems and document cameras.
- All Library Media Centers' holdings are searchable online via the Internet.
- All classrooms have access to KET Encyclomedia (streaming Discovery Channel)
- All teachers, students, and staff have access to KY Virtual Library via Internet.
- All students have a district email account.
- Online application suites are provided as needed
In addition to our tech-savy teachers and Library Media Specialists we have some excellent School Technology Coordinators:
Brent Bernard - CHS
Sharon Johnson, Jeff Emerson – CMS
Delania Luttrell – JPE
Betty Wesley – Liberty
Shelia Martin – WHE
Deena Randolph - Central Office