Resolution of School Board
Commitment to Student Achievement
The Casey County Board of Education believes that improvement of student achievement is the most significant task of the school district. We affirm our intent and commitment to the improvement of student learning by:
- Openly evaluating data on student achievement indicators;
- Discussing processes that affect the instructional program;
- Examining the impact of the district’s course of study on learning;
- Reviewing/revising district goals to focus on student progress, and
- Striving to find methods to remove barriers to learning.
Furthermore, this Board commits to informing district staff, students, parents, and the community about student achievement in our schools and how our local data compares to common measurements in Kentucky, nationally and with relation to other comparable school districts.
Therefore, the Casey County Board of Education resolves that;
- Each student in our district is expected to participate in school for the ultimate purpose of academic scholarship;
- Every employee of our public school shall devote their work toward ensuring and enhancing students’ learning success;
- The superintendent will recommend and implement initiatives and expenditures that clearly support and advance student learning success;
- The board will devote meeting time to topics that directly support and enhance student learning success and the interests of our community.